Oracle Corp and Microsoft Corp have partnered to create Oracle Database@Azure. This new service allows customers to directly access Oracle database services that are hosted on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and deployed in Microsoft Azure datacenters.
Oracle Database@Azure provides the performance, scalability, and availability advantages of Oracle Database on OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure). It combines the security, flexibility, and top-notch services of Microsoft Azure, including the excellent AI services like Azure OpenAI.
This combination offers customers greater flexibility in terms of where they can execute their workloads. Additionally, it offers a seamless platform that enhances the process of purchasing and managing cloud services from Oracle Database and Azure.
Oracle and Microsoft are partnering to help customers migrate to the cloud faster with the introduction of Oracle Database@Azure. This allows customers to modernize their IT environments and benefit from Azure’s infrastructure, tools, and services. Customers will benefit from:
- More options to move their Oracle databases to the cloud;
- The highest level of Oracle database performance, scale, and availability, as well as feature and pricing parity;
- The simplicity, security, and latency of a single operating environment (datacenter) within Azure;
- The ability to build new cloud native applications using OCI and Azure technologies, including Azure’s best-in-class AI services;
- The assurance of an architecture that is tested and supported by two of the most trusted names in the cloud
For more click here.